Thursday, April 10, 2008

Something to fight for

... I think what used to be called, centuries ago, "wage slavery" is intolerable. I mean, I do not think that people ought to be forced to rent themselves in order to survive. I think that the economic institutions ought to be run democratically - by their participants, and by the communities in which they live. And I think that through various forms of free association and federalism, it's possible to imagine a society working like that. I mean, I don't think you can lay it out in detail - nobody's smart enough to design a society; you've got to experiment.

- Noam Chomsky, "Understanding Power - the indispensible Chomsky"

Courtesy of my brother's book shelf. He always seems to have a great collection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home