Friday, April 18, 2008

House Negro returns to Palestine

[Old Jerusalem as seen from the east]

I've returned to Israel and the Occupied Palestinian Territories to continue documenting the human side of the conflict here. Most of my time will be spent in the Occupied Territories, although on this occasion I intend to do some stories from Israel as well.

This morning I arrived at Ben Gurion Airport. With the help of some contacts I was able to get out of the airport in a speedy 3 and a half hours. The last time I entered Israel I was kept for over 8 hours, interviewed thrice, and strip searched. Oh did I mention I also met a drunk orthodox Jew muttering on about blowing something up in the Negev desert?

Anyway, I'm a little exhausted right now. But please come back soon, if not every day, for a new instalment of my latest journey.

Peace,

I.K.

1 Comments:

At 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Iqbal, glad you have arrived and are safe and sound. Glad you weren't strip searched this time either.

I have emailed you the email address of my Australian lawyer aid worker lefty friend in Ramallah. Hope you get a chance to meet with him.

In the meantime, we are off to Kenya and Somalia soon. For one year. Hope you can drop by there on your travels. We can drink some tinnies while watching some local game of footy... though it might have to be soccer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home