Thursday, June 21, 2007

Lingerie king refuses knighthood

I think this says a lot about Salman Rushdie's credentials as a voice for freedom and justice:

The co-founder of lingerie brand Agent Provocateur has rejected his MBE, claiming that he can't accept an honour from a "morally corrupt" Tony Blair.

Joseph Corre was awarded the title for his services to the fashion industry in the Queen's Birthday Honours list.

While he said he had initially been "flattered" to have his Agent Provocateur work recognised by the establishment, he changed his mind because of his views on the Government.

"To accept this MBE as an honour would mean to me that I would have to accept the Prime Minister as someone capable of giving an honour, i.e. an honourable man, which I cannot find it in my heart to do ," said Mr Corre, 39, the son of fashion designer Dame Vivienne Westwood.

He cited the suffering caused by conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan and restrictions imposed on civil liberties as the motivations for his decision.

3 Comments:

At 5:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good one, of course the very peaceful 'Muslims' are justified for destroying the whole world over this. What? The Queen can't knight someone she likes? She can't knight someone that other people don't like?

But I'm sure Sir Rushdie has mixed emotions on this; the Queen has put him in much greater danger. Maybe he'll wish he had turned it down.

At least this incident will lose the terrorists at least a few more of their dhimmidiot appeasers.

Islam in it's extreme is more political ideology than religion. In that way, it is only a 'Religion of Peace' in that when Islam rules the planet, there will be no one to be at war with. Where they are given an inch, they demand a mile. Islamic countries are becoming more extreme, extremists rule, they just keep quoting the Koran to justify their Jihad.


absurd thought -
God of the Universe says
appease religious killers

continue to spoil them
violent tantrums pay off
.

 
At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice one! Do I have permission to cite you and stick this post of yours on my blog? People have been asking me about the whole Rushdie thing and honestly, I don't give a shit but since I am supposed to be politically and culturally astute on all matters south asian since I am south asian, I need to say something...which mostly, right now, I tell people, Rushdie who?

My blog is www.zehrarizvi.blogspot.com. and yes, i haven't updated in a while but i will be getting on the ball soon.

thanks,
zehra

 
At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, meant this comment for the rushdie post below this one. sorry about that.
z

 

Post a Comment

<< Home