Sunday, April 01, 2007

A special kind of attention

One day I was walking through Geneva. It was a lovely bright day...

The sun was out...

...the birds were chirping in the trees and the ducks were enjoying the calm waters.

Henry Dunant, the founder of the Red Cross, was shooting hoops with wings (presumably from heavan, but possibly from hell or purgatory).

And the Broken Chair monument to victims of land mines was striking a powerful pose.

Then suddenly I heard a noise from up above.

Out in the distance, from the direction of Mount Blanc, I saw a little fly-like object floating toward me.

Quite quickly this object turned into a black helicopter with no apparent markings on it. For a moment it hovered above my head before disappearing behind me. As I turned around to leave I realised I could see most of the inside of the Chinese Embassy to the World Trade Organisation from where I was (I didn't take any photos of that, I'm afraid).

I felt special all day!

2 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, Blogger Phil said...

Iqbal - I know you are in the UK - but if you need work, I am working in Afghanistan again with a consultancy firm Altai - (see their website). We need more staff. If you and I can link up, I can send you some info. Phil

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Iqbal Khaldun said...

Would definitely be interested in discussing that further Phil, very flattered with the offer mate. My e-mail is iqbalkhaldun@yahoo.com.au.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home