Friday, August 11, 2006

Canberra over and out

Today is my last day in the public service for the foreseeable future. Long time readers of this blog will recall that I made a similar statement around this time last year, when I left Canberra for the Pilbara and Palestine. Unlike on that occasion, I will refrain from posting a commentary on my Canberra experiences. The reason for this is simple. On this occasion I have chosen to look forwards, not backwards. And, honestly, it isn't because everyone in the department I used to work in, including the good folk in the departmental security section, have access to this blog.

You'll probably hear from me next in dusty old Karachi where I'm staying with family for a few days. After that I head to the Old Dart. Remind me not to pack any gel-based products in my hand luggage. Better put my Gone Jihadin' t-shirt deep inside my suitcase too.

In the interim there are plenty of loosends to tie, a few lectures on Palestine to give, and the odd party to dj. There truly is no rest for the wicked. Or is that wick-ed?

Speak soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home