Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Look into my eyes by Gihad Ali

Look into my eyes
and tell me what you see.
You don't see a damn thing,
`cause you can't possibly relate to me.

You're blinded by our differences.
My life makes no sense to you.
I'm the persecuted Palestinian.
You're the American red, white and blue.

Each day you wake in tranquility.
No fears to cross your eyes.
Each day I wake in gratitude.
Thanking God He let me rise.

You worry about your education
and the bills you have to pay.
I worry about my vulnerable life
and if I'll survive another day.

Your biggest fear is getting ticketed
as you cruise your Cadillac.
My fear is that the tank that just left
will turn around and come back.

American, do you realize,
that the taxes that you pay
feed the forces that traumatize
my every living day?

The bulldozers and the tanks,
the gases and the guns,
the bombs that fall outside my door,
all due to American funds.

Yet do you know the truth
of where your money goes?
Do you let your media deceive your mind?
Is this a truth that no one knows?

You blame me for defending myself
against the ways of Zionists.
I'm terrorized in my own land
and I'm the terrorist?

You think you know all about terrorism
but you don't know it the way I do.
So let me define the term for you.
And teach you what you thought you knew.

I've known terrorism for quite some time,
fifty-four years and more.
It's the fruitless garden uprooted in my yard.
It's the bulldozer in front of my door.

Terrorism breathes the air I breathe.
It's the checkpoint on my way to school.
It's the curfew that jails me in my own home,
and the penalties of breaking that curfew rule.

Terrorism is the robbery of my land.
And the torture of my mother.
The imprisonment of my innocent father.
The bullet in my baby brother.

So American, don't tell me you know about
the things I feel and see.
I'm terrorized in my own land
and the blame is put on me.

But I will not rest, I shall never settle
for the injustice my people endure.
Palestine is our land and there we'll remain
until the day our homeland is secure.

And if that time shall never come,
then you will never see a day of peace.
I will not be thrown from my own home,
nor will my fight for justice cease.

And if I am killed, it will be in Falasteen.
It's written on my every breath.
So in your own patriotic words,
Give me liberty or give me death.

Outlandish, a Danish rap group, have turned this poem into a rap song. You can check out the videoclip here. Let me know what it's like. I've got dial-up, haven't been able to check it out.

7 Comments:

At 12:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hate Americans, hate israili, love muslims and love palestinians.. What kind of a person are you???You blame others of what you and palestinians are guilty of..bigotry, smallness, and bitterness

Maybe I will write poemn about you

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Iqbal Khaldun said...

You talk about hate for Americans and 'israili' but you seem to be blind to what the Palestinians are going through. So go ahead and write up your little poem mate.

 
At 6:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This poem is soo true. Thats what our innocent people go through and the world cant see, they are all blind. Innocent people in Palistine, Afghanistan and other countries suffer and die in front of our own eyes in the hands of the evil people.

Lovely Poem! May Allah show mercy on everyone.

 
At 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gihad Ali is a very close person in my heart & will always be. ALWAYS

The words she will say ,
The poem that she writes ,
We shall all hope & pray ,
That Allah will protect us
for our rights...

"Eternal Friendship"
"Very Sexy " , "Cadillac"
<3

 
At 5:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mashallah, all I can say is that this is a very beautiful poem. People should never complain about what they don't have, and always remember what they do have. Alhamduliah I am privileged enough to live in the United States and not have to see the pain that is going on over there. I am a Palestinian, but unfortunately I can't give that name enough justice seeing that I've only been to Palestine twice in my whole life. I have family living over there though and I hear what they are going through everyday and that could never be justified. The problem is we are just good at talking about it, we are never good at doing something about. After the whole Gaza massacre I met a lot of Palestinians in my district that I never knew existed, plus a lot of community members who wanted to help the people in Palestine and they weren't only Muslims. I guess what I am trying to say is why is it that we only come out when thousands of people die in a week. But we never come out when a few hundred die every month. We should never forget that there are innocent people dead on both sides and that everyday they need our help.

 
At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love palistine i hate isrial bad jewsish i love palistine.

 
At 2:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is not portraying hate, but fear...fear of ignorance and of what is going on. I get it though, it is beauitiful and i love the Outlandish song, the music video fits well to what you are trying to say.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home