Tuesday, August 09, 2005

The way the music moves

Ever hear a song hit you like the sweet flow of love, causing ripples of insight and satisfaction to course through your body, make the hair on your neck stand up? I just listened to Pink Floyd’s Wish you were here for the first time in years and that is exactly what happened. What a magical song. Check these lyrics out…

So, so you think you can tell
Heaven from Hell,
Blue skies from pain.
Can you tell a green field
From a cold steel rail?
A smile from a veil?
Do you think you can tell?

Did they get you to trade
Your heros for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?
And did you exchange
A walk on part in a war,
For a lead role in a cage?

How I wish, how I wish you were here.
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl,
Year after year,
Running over the same old ground.
What have we found?
The same old fears.
Wish you were here.

Wow!

4 Comments:

At 6:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahem, I am not sure if you got a chance of watching this live this year at Live8 but it was superfabulous performance by piggs. oh, just to refresh the latest memories, the sale of Wish you were here sales grew by 2000% after live8 performance. My personal fav. live performance was that of Earls Court but Live8 was great because of the legacy that surrounds Pink Floyd now...
Wish You Were Here is totally remarkable romantic piece which all of Pink Floyd, old rock fans and any music fan would ever remember. And yes, How We wish they were here :)

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Iqbal Khaldun said...

Salaam Ejaz.

Yes I heard that Pink Floyd got together for that concert, but sadly I didn't get a chance to see 'em :-( I consider Floyd artists more than rock stars. Powerful lyrics.

 
At 2:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw Pink Floyd in concert at the East Fremantle Oval in the mid?late? 80s.

To this day, without a doubt, it remains the best thing I've ever paid money to participate in. If you ever get the change to got to a PF gig, no matter the difficulty or expense involved, go!. Is all I'm sayin'...

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Iqbal Khaldun said...

I think you're right Telltale. The Floyd, Dire Straits, and the Doors. Maybe U2 circa the Joshua Tree too. Would kill to see 'em all live. Saw U2 during their trashy Zooropa tour. Best we forget.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home