Sunday, August 21, 2005

The mix from hell

If the Devil ever appeared in my dreams, told me to mix a liveset for my soul, this is what I'd come up with. Given it would be in the context of a dream, and I could choose pretty much all the details, here's what they'd be...

Venue:
Siachen Glacier, Himalayas. Presently surrounded by close to a million Indian and Pakistani troops. If I held the rave here, there'd be a 'strictly no M-16s' policy.

Set time:
1:30-4:30am

Cost:
Free

Dress code:
None

Track list:

It ain't gonna be me by CJ Bolland
The funk hits the fan by Plump DJs versus Clocks by Coldplay
Monkey Forest by Midway versus You're Gonna Get Yours by Public Enemy
Emit/Collect (Rennie Pilgrem’s Agatha Stomp) by Zero
Deep by Sam Sharp versus It’s like that by Run DMC
Adagio for strings (Ferry Corsten remix) by William Orbit
Eye of Horus (Ronski Speed mix) by Aly Fila versus Bootylicious by Destiny’s Child
Rapture (Armin van Buuren remix) by Iio
Traffic by DJ Tiesto
Ancient Space (Fred Baker remix) versus Dirt by Death in Vegas
My immortal (unknown remix) by Evanescence*
Born Slippy Nuxx (Paul van Dyk remix) by Underworld
Satellite (Above & Beyond progressive mix) by Oceanlab
Café Del Mar (Marco V remix) by Energy 52 versus Saltwater by Chicane
As the rush comes (Armin van Buuren Universal Religion Mix) by Motorcycle
Urban train (Cosmic Gate remix) by DJ Tiesto
Southern Sun (DJ Tiesto remix) by Paul Oakenfold
Where the streets have no name (Nu NRG remix) by U2*
7 Cities (Armin van Buuren vocal mix) by Solar Stone


* I’ve only heard this magical remix live. I don’t think it’s ever been released as a studio production.

2 Comments:

At 2:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NICE ONE, BRUVA!

Where did you hear the Evanescence track?

 
At 3:08 AM, Blogger Iqbal Khaldun said...

Haha, “I said nice one!” I heard it at Ice Box. Did you know they’ve closed it down. Bastards! You had to be there man. You know the bit where she sings “But though you're still with me…I've been alone all along” and in the normal version there’s a big guitar riff? Well the DJ (don’t know who) pumped it up a thousand fold with some phat base and an expertly mixed sample.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home