Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Exmouth, Western Australia 29 July to 1 August

As mentioned previously, I went to Exmouth last week. Exmouth is a town and peninsula on the northern coast of Western Australia. It is a place to go snorkling, surfing, fishing, barbecuing and to express other manly virtues.

This is Justin and Jo. They hired a flat at Exmouth where we stayed and were all round awesome hosts. Forget about the cliches, these two are the real deal travelling couple. They're slowly driving back down to Perth (see map above). Safe journey guys!

The beach adjacent to Ningaloo Reef. Not the best place to go swimming (read - too many pointy rocks, ouch, ouch, ouch!) but how's the serenity??

Posing with my rod. I caught four... tangles in the fishing line. Cam (Jo's brother and keen fisherman) said he'd never seen anything like it before. I think he was really impressed... Ok, maybe not.

One of the beaches at Ningaloo Reef. Check out that water.

A light(house) on a hill.

This plant (don't know its name) is said to have several healing qualities. It definitely clears blocked noses! Unfortunately, it's not an aphrodisiac.

Sunset from the top of the Cape Range.

Welcome to the intensive bulimia therapy exercise. Aka, travelling in a boat on choppy waters. This photo was taken before it got windy.

A porcupine caught jaywalking. Believe it or not, the spikes aren't that hard. They're more like nails.

Late afternoon in the Cape Range.

A gorge in the Cape Range. Breathtaking.

Jesus of Exmouth.

Picture perfect Fortescue River on the drive out of Exmouth.

2 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger Iqbal Khaldun said...

*blushes underneath his brown skin*

Well no use being diplomatic this time. The weather up here is perfect. I heard it's been snowing in Canberra too. What's going on Eastern States?!? Lift ya game!

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Iqbal Khaldun said...

What happened to your bed? I'd be livid if something like that happened. I treasure a good night's rest over all else. Yes, even world peace and all that crap. Poor Vasco.

Re gender relations on cyberspace, I guess to an extent that's true. If you were a bloke (hmmm maybe you are trying to tell me you really are a bloke!) I'd probably have made some satiric, homoerotic comment. But I suppose my initial 'rod' comment was designed to ilicit comments such as yours hehe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home