Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Any ideas?

I've been gift shopping for my impending trip to Palestine. I figure if I'm going to stay with people, the least I could do is bring them something from Australia. I've ruled out heavy objects, for obvious reasons. I've also ruled out taking the numerous clocks and watches medical companies have given my dad for fear the Israeli immigration folk think I'm smuggling parts for a bomb or something! I've bought some mini-footies for the little ones* and am thinking of taking some Australian chocolate. Any other suggestions?

* whilst I was in the shopping centre today, I swear I was followed by no less than three security guards. Mind you, I was unshaven and had an afro (aka morning hair) to die for. Still...

3 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger Iqbal Khaldun said...

Haha be alert, not alarmed?!

 
At 12:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how about chocolate covered macadamias. You don't need a lot (since apparenlty they are a bit of an acquired taste with foreigners) and they are nice, Australian (even though the hawaiians grow more than us aussies).

 
At 5:31 AM, Blogger Iqbal Khaldun said...

Haha.

All excellent suggestions. Just got the macadamia covered chocolates. Now to get some little stuffed animals.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home