Thursday, July 14, 2005

The price of fish

I just tried to get a copy of my home loan agreement and latest statement from my home loan provider. I was told it would cost $30 for the copy, $60 per hour for someone to find the physical agreement in the provider’s archive, $7 to mail it, and $7 to mail my most recent statement. Even then, the documents cannot be mailed directly to me in Hedland, because my address here hasn’t been nominated as a postal address. If I nominated it, all future correspondences will be sent here and I’d have to call the provider again to get the postal address changed. When I suggested they fax the documents instead, the earnest telephone banking consultant explained that it would cost $12 per fax.

I’ve decided to ask a friend to pick up the originals in Canberra instead!

2 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cheap friends you have mate!

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Iqbal Khaldun said...

Tell me about it! My friends are so cheap, I have to pay them to hang out with me.

Maybe that's why most of my best friends are whores?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home