Saturday, June 04, 2005

Ode to Canberra DIMIA Graduates

[Here's a poem a friend just sent me. Um, I think you can guess where they work. Maybe we can get Ben Harper to turn out some music for these words?]

A right bunch of twats, resident in the A.C.T.
Thinking they're better, than you or me
Striving hard to find inspiration
Getting aroused, by ministerial directions

Noses upturned, oh how they gloat
Worshipping a woman, as wide a moat
Their goal in life? A posting offshore
How to get one? Become an APS whore

What do I do, despite all that I've said?
Be their friend, or pump them with lead?
Surely I'll know, by the end of next week
If not driven to madness, by some entry-level geek

They've tested my patience, time and time again
Driving my conscience, to the brink of insane
It's only a matter of days, before my tolerance cracks
And I lay to rest, those pompous hacks

4 Comments:

At 1:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm. I give it a C- for poor rhymes and meter.

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Iqbal Khaldun said...

Harsh marker, Mr Teacher!

 
At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what the?

since when did u become a one haired man?

as in 'iqbal'...


and yup u should knwo who this by my hopeless tying/shorthand - AM :)

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Iqbal Khaldun said...

Hahaha dead give away Ms AM!

Glad to have you on board. Iqbal is in deference to the late, great Eqbal Ahmad (thought the name looks better with an I). Google his name if you haven't heard of it before. Khaldun is a homage to a secular philosopher from the Middle Ages, Ibn Khaldun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home